AmberPoint Adds SAP NetWeaver to End-to-End ID Support
AmberPoint is adding support for all SAP NetWeaver components to its offering for secure integration for end-to-end identity management across mixed systems.
AmberPoint is adding support for all SAP NetWeaver components to its offering for secure integration for end-to-end identity management across mixed systems. The latest AmberPoint offering will reduce the time and complexity of securing business services and managing identities, company officials said.
Managing identity across distributed applications can be prohibitively difficult, said Andrew Brown, director of security product marketing at AmberPoint, in a statement. Our new capabilities end the "chain of pain" by making the security hurdle much easier to clear. Our customers will benefit significantly from our new identity propagation capabilities.
Specifically, AmberPoint allows admins to centrally authenticate users at a single point. Further, the new SAP NetWeaver support allows admins to combine numerous access control systems and various credentials a client must provide to be authenticated. Once established, AmberPoint forwards identity from the enforcement point onto endpoint applications and services using legacy usernames and passwords, or NetWeaver-compatible SAML tokens, according to Brown.
Other Centralized features of AmberPoint-SAP NetWeaver
AmberPoint officials also noted the upgrade will:
- Makes composite applications running on SAP NetWeaver even more trustworthy through Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) integration and secure authentication.
- Map credentials from other platforms, such as Windows NTLM, to SAP NetWeaver-compatible SAML tokens.
- Complement the security framework of SAP NetWeaver regarding authentication, access control, content filtering and message security.
- Eliminate the need for devs to change composite applications or client applications to accommodate changes to access control.
- Simplify end-to-end access for end users, by eliminating the need for multiple user names and passwords.
- Allow security administrators are able to enforce identity and access rights across different systems.
AmberPointís announcement for identity support for SAP NetWeaver components follows a similar move to add SAP NetWeaver to its end-to-end support for business transaction management last spring.